Suitable for -
All personnel who are required to use Articulated Dumpers within the workplace.
The aim of the course is -
This course is designed to train and assess candidates in the safe operation of Articulated Dumpers, including how to safely and proficiently manoeuvre, drive and position the machine.
- The Law – Regulations & Legislation (including: The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 & The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999)
- Introduction to the machine
- Machine purpose, capabilities & limitations
- Explanation & use of controls and their functions
- How various parts of the machine operate
- Steering & manoeuvring
- Pre-operational checks
- Safe operation of the machine, including the necessary safety precautions
- Siting the machine safely
- Fitting and operating ancillary equipment/attachments
- Risks associated with quick-hitch devices
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine maintenance procedures
- Varying site conditions, including gradients and rough terrain
- Positioning the dumper correctly for loading from and discharging into excavations
The course is a mixture of theory and practical training / exercises.
Course Objectives -
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be able to understand current relevant legislation, identify hazards and the precautions needed to overcome them and will be able to operate safely and proficiently with minimum risk of injury and/or damage to equipment and property.
Venue - On-site at clients’ premises
Duration - 1 – 5 Days (dependent on candidate experience and ability)
Candidate Numbers - Up to 3 per course
Certification - ITS Certification