Hand-Held Power Tools
Suitable for -
All personnel who are required to operate hand-held power tools as part of their work activities.
The aim of the course is -
This course is designed to train and assess candidates in the correct selection and safe operation of hand-held power tools.
- The Law – Regulations & Legislation (including: The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998, The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 & The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1998)
- Types of Hand-Held Power Tools
- Types of Power Supply
- Electric Drills, Screwdrivers and Saws
- Grinding and Cutting Equipment including: abrasive wheels including: bench-mounted grinders, hand held grinders, angle grinders, Stihl saws etc.
- Compressed Air Tools
- Safety Procedures
- Pre-Start Checks
- Hazards & Risks
- Understanding and preventing the effects of vibration
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Handling & Storage of Tools
Course Objectives -
On successful completion of this course, candidates will have an understanding of current relevant legislation and the knowledge to be able to correctly select and safely operate a selection of the most widely used hand-held power tools.
Venue - Either on-site at clients’ premises or at ITS Training Centre
Duration - Full Day
Candidate Numbers - Up to 8 per course
Certification - ITS Certification