Lifting Equipment Inspection
Suitable for -
All personnel who are required to use lifting equipment and lifting accessories within the workplace.
The aim of the course is -
This course is designed to minimise the risk of accidents and incidents, including injury to personnel and damage to property or equipment through improper use of lifting equipment and accessories, by training candidates to safely carry out inspections of lifting equipment in the workplace.
- The Law – Regulations & Legislation (including: The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998, The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 & The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1998)
- Handling and storage of lifting accessories
- Selection of correct lifting accessories for a given task
- Load ratings (SWL) of lifting accessories, including colour coding
- Inspection criteria for lifting accessories including: Round and Web Slings, Chain Slings, Wire Ropes & Wire Rope Slings, Eyebolts, Shackles and other common lifting accessories
- Recording the inspection results
- Tagging and taking out of service of faulty/damaged accessories
The course is a mixture of theory and practical training / exercises.
Course Objectives -
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Understand current relevant legislation & the legal requirement to have sufficient inspections and examinations of all lifting equipment and accessories
- Carry out inspections of lifting accessories in the workplace
Venue - Either on-site at clients’ premises or at ITS Training Centre
Duration - 1 Day
Candidate Numbers - Up to 10 per course
Certification - ITS Certification