Vehicle Manoeuvring / Banksman
Suitable for -
All personnel who use and manoeuvre vehicles within the workplace or in any work setting.
The aim of the course is -
This course is designed to minimise the risk of accidents and incidents, including injury to personnel and damage to property or equipment when manoeuvring vehicles within the workplace, by training candidates to safely manoeuvre vehicles and put in place or adhere to existing procedures and safe systems of work.
- Brief overview of the law – Regulations & Legislation, including: The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 & The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1998
- Internal company policies for vehicle manoeuvring
- Roles and responsibilities of the banksman and drivers
- Common hazards relating to vehicle movements within the workplace
- Awareness of potential hazards including presence of other personnel, other vehicles and plant, height restrictions, one-way systems, ground conditions and movement or space restrictions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Visual safety checks before and during manoeuvres
- Safe systems of work
- Understanding and confirming hand signals for any reversing manoeuvres
The course is a mixture of theory and practical training / exercises.
Course Objectives -
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Understand current relevant legislation
- Identify the hazards and precautions to take when carrying out vehicle movements within the workplace
- Put in place or adhere to existing procedures and safe systems of worke
Venue - Either on-site at clients’ premises or at ITS Training Centre
Duration - ½ Day
Candidate Numbers - Up to 6 per course
Certification - ITS Certification