5-Day SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme)
Date - 17th May 2018
The course will be held on the following dates -
- 17th May 2018
- 24th May 2018
- 31st May 2018
- 7th June 2018
- 14th June 2018
Cost - £510 + VAT per candidate
The aim of the course is -
This course is designed to provide candidates with the knowledge and understanding to effectively manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legislation and within the context of their normal management or supervisory role. Candidates will develop an understanding of their responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare and recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
- An introduction to health and safety management
- Health and safety legislation including: The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, The Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2007 & The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013
- Managing health and safety in the building, construction and civil engineering industries
- Responsibilities of managers and supervisors
- Measuring, monitoring and auditing health and safety performance
- Provision of information and training
- Risk assessments/method statements
- The control of hazards and risks
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Electricity, Excavations, Working at Height, Scaffolding, Demolition, Confined Spaces etc.
The course is a mix of tutor led lecture and discussion sessions, PowerPoint presentations, safety videos, group work, case studies and practical exercises.
Course Objectives -
On successful completion of this course, candidates will recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive and will be able to manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions.
Make an enquiry about 5-Day SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) on 17th May 2018