This course is designed to teach candidates ways in which a positive mental health culture can be supported within a workplace.
All personnel in all industries
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
• What is First Aid for Mental Health?
• Identifying mental health conditions
• Providing advice and starting a conversation
• Mental health conditions
• Drugs and alcohol
• First Aid for Mental Health action plan
• First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
A range of assessment methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
• Identify mental health conditions and have knowledge and understanding about them
• Provide advice and start conversations surrounding mental health
• Draw up First Aid for Mental Health action plans