Suitable for -
All personnel who are required to use Lorry Loaders (HIAB) within the workplace.
The aim of the course is -
This course is designed to train and assess candidates in the safe operation of Lorry Loaders.
- The Law – Regulations & Legislation (including: The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998, The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 & The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999)
- Introduction to the machine
- Machine purpose, capabilities & limitations
- Explanation & use of hydraulic controls
- Pre-operational checks
- Safe operation of the machine, including the necessary safety precautions
- Siting the vehicle safely – suitability of ground conditions, proximity hazards etc.
- Vehicle stability
- Load stability and security
- Safe slinging practices
- Selection and safe use of lifting accessories
- Loading and unloading
- Handling and storage of lifting accessories
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine maintenance procedures
The course is a mixture of theory and practical training / exercises.
The course can be used to prepare for the CPCS Technical Tests.
Course Objectives -
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be able to understand current relevant legislation, identify hazards and the precautions needed to overcome them and will be able to operate safely and proficiently with minimum risk of injury and/or damage to equipment and property.
Venue - On-site at clients’ premises
Duration - 1 – 3 Days (dependent on candidate experience and ability)
Candidate Numbers - Up to 6 per course
Certification - ITS Certification