All personnel in all industries, but aimed towards those in a supervisory/managerial position.
This course is designed to teach candidates in detail a wide range of mental health conditions and the support and help provided by healthcare professionals.
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
• What is First Aid for Mental Health?
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
• Identifying mental health conditions
• Providing advice and starting a conversation
• Eating disorders
• Mental health conditions
• Personality disorders
• Drugs and alcohol
• Bipolar disorder
• First Aid for Mental Health action plan
• First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
A range of assessment methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
• Identify a wide range of mental health conditions and have knowledge and understanding about them
• Provide advice and start conversations surrounding mental health
• Draw up First Aid for Mental Health action plans
Venue - Either on-site at clients’ own premises or at ITS Training Centre
Duration - 2 Days
Candidate Numbers - Up to 16
Certification - FAA Certification / Level 3 Award
Make an enquiry about Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (Level 3) courses