Date - 20th March 2020
Cost - £75 + VAT per candidate
The aim of the course is -
This course is designed to train and assess operators in the correct selection, preparation, mounting, and safe operation of abrasive wheels, including the hazards and precautions to take and also to provide them with a knowledge and understanding of current relevant legislation.
- The Law – Regulations & Legislation (including: The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 & The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999)
- Types of grinding and cutting equipment including: bench-mounted grinders, hand held grinders, angle grinders, cutting discs, Stihl saws etc.
- Selection of wheels and/or discs
- Testing of wheels and/or discs
- Mounting of wheels and/or discs
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Understanding and preventing the effects of vibration
- Handling and storage of wheels, discs and grinding equipment
The course is a mixture of theory and practical training / exercises.
Course Objectives -
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Understand current relevant legislation
- Identify wheels/discs, their uses and limitations by interpreting the manufacturers markings
- Select, test and mount the appropriate abrasive wheel or disc for the work in hand
- Identify hazards and the precautions needed to overcome them
- Operate safely with minimum risk of injury and/or damage to equipment and property
Make an enquiry about Abrasive Wheels on 20th March 2020