Suitable for -
Supervisors and managers who are required to carry out COSHH Assessments within the workplace
The aim of the course is -
This course is designed to provide candidates with an understanding of the COSHH Regulations and give them the practical skills to enable them to carry out and record COSHH Assessments in the workplace.
- What is COSHH? – A brief guide to employees AND a brief guide to employers
- Why do you need to know about COSHH?
- Health and Safety Legislation – (including: The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002, The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 & The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999)
- Risk Assessments – how to identify hazardous substances
- Common methods used to review hazardous substances in the workplace
- Supplier data sheets
- Workplace Exposure Limits (WEL)
- The 8 Principles of good practice
- Identifying what knowledge and skills are required to carry out COSHH assessments
- COSHH Assessments – a step by step guide
- Practice in implementing the assessment mechanisms
- Monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of the COSHH system
Course Objectives -
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be able to interpret the COSHH Regulations and will have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to enable them to complete and record COSHH Assessments in the workplace.
Venue - Either on-site at clients’ premises or at ITS Training Centre
Duration - Full Day
Candidate Numbers - Up to 6 per course
Certification - ITS Certification