Working At Height
Suitable for -
All personnel who are required to carry out work at height and also for managers and supervisors with a responsibility for others (including sub-contractors) who work at height.
The aim of the course is -
This course is designed to provide candidates with a knowledge and understanding of the Work at Height Regulations and to minimise the risk of accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences within the workplace resulting from work at height, through the implementation of risk assessments, safe working practices and safe systems of work.
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Other relevant legislation (including: The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 & The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1998)
- Work at Height Risk Assessment
- Method Statements
- Safe Systems of work
- Collective Fall Protection
- Personal Fall Protection
- Other PPE and Fall Arrest Equipment
- Selection and Safe Use of Access Equipment
- Safety on Inclined or Flat Roofs
- Ladders, Stepladders and Trestles
- Safety Checklists and Documentation
The course is comprised of classroom-based theory training / exercises.
Course Objectives -
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Interpret the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and other relevant legislation
- Identify the hazards associated with working at height and the necessary precautions required
- Work safely with minimum risk of injury and/or damage to equipment and property, through the use of risk assessments and by developing and adhering to safe working practices and safe systems of work.
Venue - Either on-site at clients’ premises or at ITS Training Centre
Duration - ½ Day
Candidate Numbers - Up to 10 per course
Certification - ITS Certification